Saturday, December 11, 2010

Looking At The Results

heyooo, im back again!
results are out, and im quite surprised by them. but becoz im doing "good" statistically, but im doing "good" compared to the effort i put in the semester. frankly speaking, 2C1D is quite a surprising result for me coz i know that i wasnt putting enough effort in this semester. i was super HEA throughout the whole semester, only started to become a bit serious be4 the exams...

for Consumer Behaviour, many thanks to my gpmates, we did pretty well for the 20%, but i do have the feeling that the tutor sort of had some "un-favoritism" over our team (i dunno why, just my feeling). and for the mid-term test, all i can say is "unexpected", super duper hard MCQs... got a barely pass for it. i think the exam paper was relatively hard... i had absolutely what-so-ever any idea for the short question 2... i wrote some nonsense for my answer... some definitions... haha, maybe the MCQs saved me, so finally get a credit for the unit.

OD was a mess, alright, let me first tell u what OD is... the unit is called Organization Development and Human Resources Management..... we simply called it OD for short. it's a scary unit! even be4 i took the unit, my fds had already told me how hard it is... and for myself, im quite poor at management related units (for i had bad experiences in PR and management). the lectures are quite fun to listen to as the lecturer herself tried really hard to illustrate the theories to us. however, she was away for 4 weeks becoz of health issue, leaving us behind with another lecturer... i totally dislike that one... im more a student who want teacher to feed me, making me interested in the field then will i myself go explore the world. but the new lecturer wasnt the type i wanted... i did struggle a lot, with lecture and with tutorial. the tutor was nice, and i liked him a lot (especially after finding he is from china, haha). but unlike CB, my gpmates for OD were not supportive at all... kinda of having a feeling that the locals are excluding me and other chinese gpmate. yet the good thing was that we did pretty well in the gp assignment. the individual reading log was killing me too... reading so much and putting so much effort, the max. i could get is 4 marks per log... sigh to the max...

all my hope is in the final exam for CB and OD, there were so many uncertainty in exam, CB in particular. luckily OD exam wasnt that hard, and i could at least write down sth useful in the paper, haha

last but not least, econometrics!! this unit was the only fun time in the semester. the lecturer is nice (yet too lenient maybe). didnt get much support from the class too, maybe becoz the class was too small?!! the only assignment we had was a project proposal and its finalization. i handed mine in quite late, and didnt manage to get the result for my assignment be4 the exam. for this unit, the only unit i was mostly prepared be4 entering the exam hall, coming out with some disappointment as the way they asked the questions was different from the previous years... getting a D for econometrics is definitely unexpected and surprising and i have no idea how my marks are made up of!! coz i dont have my mark for the assignment... as the lecturer didnt use any sort of technology =.= the emails i sent to him were probably all sunk in the pacific ocean...

wow!! finally i did it!! first semester in uni, being a real uni student! last semester wasnt a good one compared to the 2 i had in MIT. nevertheless, im firmly believe that the best is yet to come. even though my results are not that shining, i know God is looking after me, without His grace, i cant imagine how can i get through the tough valley of OD...

im so looking forward to next semester in which i can take 2 econ related units!! and can get rid of IB!! cant take it anymore... it's really not my cup of tea man... alright! time to bed, will continue tmr!

No comments:

Post a Comment